Technical Support Engineer – FIX Protocol
Sterling Trading Tech (STT), a rapidly growing Chicago-based financial technology firm is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to maintain and enhance a variety of cutting-edge trading, market risk and broker systems used by clients worldwide. The candidate is expected to be a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for collaborating with a top-notch team of technologists in growing a world-class organization. The position is located in Chicago and reports to the Director of Technical Operations and Infrastructure.
- Provide Level 2 support of high-frequency trading systems, monitor complex system processes, proactively identify areas of improvement, take corrective actions when issues arise.
- Manage FIX protocol platforms consisting of 100+ FIX connections for direct market access and algo trading
- Work closely with Systems Integration and Development teams to understand new client requirements, test changes and implement those changes into the production environment.
- Plan, schedule, communicate and perform all upgrades and patches for hardware, proprietary and 3rd party software.
- Maintain replications and backups as necessary to satisfy compliance and aid in any type of recovery effort.
- Work with Development and Client Services teams to estimate and plan client requests
- Maintain and practice business continuity plans to ensure system resiliency
- 5+ years professional experience supporting technology in a trading or other high-speed, dynamic environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the FIX protocol, including trouble-shooting issues, coordinating the configuration of new connections and liaising with clients.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL (non-DBA).
- Must be a creative problem solver; flexible, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing and exciting environment.
The position includes a full spectrum of benefits including healthcare and 401 K match.
Hiring in Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Technology: 5 years (Required)
- FIX Protocol: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Click HERE to apply.